Bathroom Design Trends for 2014
As recently as a few years ago, traditional styling in the bathroom represented three quarters of new bathroom renovations. However, this year we are seeing quite a large shift towards contemporary, more spa like designs that are easy to maintain. Research done by the National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) shows that traditional designs are now trailing contemporary designs by as much as 68 percent. That’s a huge shift in a relatively small amount of time.
If you are looking to re-do a bathroom, consider these popular trends, as you develop your design:
- Frameless, contemporary cabinetry
- Bone, beige and gray color schemes
- White or polished chrome fixtures
- Soaking tubs in the master bathroom
- Lighted showers with benches or seats
- No threshold or sliding door showers
- Comfort height toilets and vanities
- Ceramic or porcelain tile flooring
- Quartz for the vanity tops
- Undermount sinks
- Wall – hung vanities and open shelving
There are many variables that will determine the cost of your new bathroom. Among them is the size, of course, the fixtures you use, the cost of the finishes and if you have to move walls, plumbing or electric. Another cost is the labor that is involved with tiling.
If you are considering a bathroom remodel, call us at 904-399-1636, for a free consultation and quote. Or visit our website to see all we have to offer the Jacksonville community! www.millworkdesignstudio.com